Lagos, Nigeria (Accredited Times) – When World War II ended, the victors did not seek to destroy the defeated. Instead, they sought to help them through a strong economic stimulus package termed the “Marshall Plan.” The Marshall Plan consisted of over US$13 billion in foreign aid for Europe — an astronomical sum in the late 1940s.
Like all Keynesian stimulus packages, the Marshall Plan worked. Europe now has a vibrant socialist economy where important rights, like food, water, healthcare, and iPads, are readily available to the masses.
But People of Color are increasingly wondering: where is the “Marshall Plan for Africa”? Why do whites refuse to pay for an economic stimulus package to help Africans when they paid for a stimulus package to help Europeans just a few decades ago? Democrats and moderate Republicans have made clear that they support “open trade and open borders” and that they strongly support helping people with governmental funding regardless of location. Now it’s time for them to endorse a Marshall Plan for Africa — a multi-trillion dollar stimulus package designed to help People of Color in need.
A targeted Keynesian stimulus package would have amazing results for the African economy:
- Trillions of dollars in solar panels and wind farms would ensure that every African has the energy needed to power xer MacBook and iPad.
- Trillions of dollars in water fluoridation technology would ensure that every African has the clean, nutritious water that everyone needs. And, by the way, fluoride tastes great with salted broccoli sticks.
- Trillions of dollars in educational grants would ensure that every African can attend a progressive school and learn about the dangers of climate change and heteronormativity.
- Trillions of dollars in healthcare spending would increase life expectancies, fertility rates, and quality of life while ensuring that transgendered Africans have the hormones and gender reconstruction surgeries that they need.
- Trillions of dollars in military assistance would ensure that important allies, like Libya, Algeria, and Chad, could develop the military resources that they need so that they too can engage in wars of liberation, just like the United States.
- Trillions of dollars in general governmental assistance would ensure that African nations can develop robust regulatory states that stimulate the economy, just like the United States.
Many have already backed a Marshall Plan for Africa. Indeed, French President Emmanuel Macron noted that we actually need a “more sophisticated” plan for Africa — meaning that Africa should receive even more funding. “The Marshall Plan was a reconstruction plan […] The challenge of Africa is totally different and a lot more profound; it’s civilizational today,” said Macron, adding that “we need to develop policies that are a lot more sophisticated than the Marshall Plan.” Of course, Macron, as a white male, couldn’t help but throw in the racist remark about supposed “civilizational” problems, but if a cisgender white male like Macron supports a “more sophisticated” version of the Marshall Plan for Africa, then where is the Democrat Party? Where are moderate Republicans, like John McCain?
A Marshall Plan for Africa would be wildly popular in the United States. Americans would sleep well knowing that trillions of dollars are actually going to helping people in need rather than going to tax cuts for corporate fat cats or small business owners.
Democrats and moderate Republicans claim to believe that Black Lives Matter. Now it’s time to put their money where their mouths are.