I’ve had less time recently for writing articles as I work on an exciting new book. Publication is scheduled tentatively for Autumn 2028 as I’m super demotivated, which is one of the themes of the book in fact. Here’s an exclusive extract.
THE ART OF JOYLESS LIVING – A GUIDEBOOK FOR PROGRESSIVES
This book is dedicated to the memory of Karl Marx, who continues to inspire me in all things
MANY books have been written to inspire, motivate, empower or otherwise enhance the reader’s self-discipline/ mindfulness/ positive-thinking. Examples in this genre include Stephen Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People“, Anthony Robbins “Unwaken the Giant Within” and Og Mandino’s “The Greatest Salesman In The World.” Let us not forget either The Art Of Attraction, which posits that if a blind beggar with leprosy in downtown Mumbai is in the condition he is, it’s because he’s not sending enough positive vibes to the Universe.
This book is somewhat different. It is in fact the entire antithesis to the above and has a different readership in mind.
Whereas Robbins, Covery and Mandino wrote for the motivationally-privileged in society – life’s “winners” who barely need to be reminded of their privilege let alone have it enhanced – this book is dedicated to the people life left behind.
Whether you call us Social Justice Workers, Socialists, Left Wing Activists, Communists, Liberals, Democrats, Progressives, Anti-Fascists etc. all these are just labels to describe the ranks of those of us devoid of all joy in their lives. It’s not that we Progressives aren’t capable deep-down of experiencing joy in our lives, it’s just that we do everything in our power to suppress it.
We’re not selfish, however. We suppress not only our own joy, but that of everyone we meet.
First, let us define what is meant by joy:
Reading through the list of synonyms, the average Progressive will recognize perhaps three or four of these at the most:
- “Glee” refers to the American high-school musical drama involving a bunch of gay, transgendered, disabled singers. Their antagonists are many, including a couple of Christian students who serve to remind Glee viewers how hateful/ homophobic their religion is.
- “Ecstasy” is an unaccredited drug, since it is not produced by any of the pharmaceutical giants worthy of our trust
- “Rapture” refers to the discredited Christian notion that when Hillary or Obama are finally revealed as the anti-Christ, millions of Evangelical Protestants will disappear in the blink of an eye and avoid the tribulation.
- “Happiness” is an entirely inappropriate state of being. How can anyone be ‘happy’ when there is so much injustice, oppression and intolerance around us? Only a cocker spaniel who chases after a ball on a long beach has any right to feel ‘happy’. If you want to be a cocker spaniel, that is your Allah-given right, but we progressives have a whole world to put right so don’t get in our way while you chase that ball.
With the possible exception of ‘Glee’, it’s clear to see that joy has no place in our lives. Joy bestows on people an artificial sense that ‘all is right’ with the world; it is responsible for fools saying the most idiotic of things. Only when we strip all joy from our lives do we finally see the world for the terrible place it is.
Let us now consider the following expressions , for example, and see them through a joyless lense:
“the sun will come out tomorrow” – The Joyless Reality (“TJR”): let us hope not, for all sunlight is carcinogenic unless one is wearing factor 50 protection
“Smile, it’s the weekend tomorrow!” – TJR: And, after that, it’s Monday morning again…
“I choose happiness, success, and abundance in my life” – TJR: Hey, check your privilege! You didn’t earn that success and abundance, you stole it from a person of color. Watch this inspiring and not remotely contrived 5-minute video on Facebook/ LinkedIn to show you how your privileged upbringing gave your unearned advantages.
In this book, we will show you how living a joyless life, and inspiring others to do so, can change the world for the better. Remember that progress has only even been possible when it is forced through by self-righteous individuals with a heightened sense of moral superiority, who create an atmosphere of fear and self-loathing wherever they go. Without such people we would never have discovered, for example, that there are in fact at least 72 genders.
Without our Progressive mindset, we would deal with people of color with humanity and on an equal basis instead of patronising them and seeing them as permanent victims incapable of doing anything for themselves; we would live and let-live, instead of trying to tell other people what to do; we would fail to take offense on behalf of other ‘victim groups’ who might, at a stretch, be offended by an innocuous comment meant in gentle humor. Worst still, men and womyn might get together as homophobic Nature intended and bring up stable and loving families.
And where would we be then?
1. Introduction – you didn’t earn X, it was stolen
2. Why the feminist revolution has only just begin
3. Life lessons we can learn from the Puritans
4. (to be completed)