It has come to bare that the forces of good and evil are battling it out in Trump’s administration to win Trump over. On the one hand we have a host of neocon advisers and Jared Kushner, a progressive and friend of Israel. And on the other we have a rag tag group of discredited conservatives and libertarians, like Steve Bannon and Don Junior.
The forces for good are advocating the following policies:
- A humanitarian engagement with Syria and Russia
- Continuing with important Climate Change policies that shut down coal and shale
- Appeasing our greatest ally in the whole wide world, Israel
- Bringing in more desperate refugees to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in Syria, while simultaneously giving our economy a much needed boost
- End fascist deportations and help struggling undocumented Americans
On the other side, the forces for evil are promoting the following policies:
- Deescalating the conflict in Syria and allowing Assad to remain in power
- Focusing on America’s economy, while millions of helpless refugees and undocumented Americans starve
- Making excuses for Russian propaganda, and fearmongering about the “catastrophic” consequences of war with Russia
- Letting non-accredited news organizations attend White House press conferences
- Ignoring the demands of LGBTQ+ activists, college professors and social justice warriors
Let’s just hope Trump listens to the people who have the best interests of progressives in mind, rather than the far right bigots who have hijacked our government.